Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chicken the chicken

About a month ago, we found a stray chicken. Yes, a chicken. She was near Wheeler Farm so we assumed she came from there. We took her back and tried to put her by the other chickens, but they all tried to attack her. She ran right back to us between my legs.
She was very tame so we brought her home and she followed us around like a dog. She jumped on my shoulder like a parrot and sat on my lap while we sat outside. She would coo and go to sleep in my arms. We made a pen for her in the garage until we figured out what we were going to to with her. All of our pets were getting along with her, so we decided to buy a chicken coop. She doesn't like to be outside by herself. She is always trying to get in the house and come in, when the dogs do.
We were worried that she was afraid outside at night because she was use to the garage. So Brandon suggested putting a dog box on my night stand that she could sleep in. So every night I go get Chicken, I bring her in and make her dinner and then I say, " let's go night night" and she follows me to the bedroom and jumps up on the foot stool to the bed and then walks into her bed (the dog box) and turns around and goes to sleep.
In the morning we wake up and I say, "Are you ready for breakfast?" and I let her out and she follows me to the kitchen for breakfast. Then she gets to roam the yard until its time to go into her coop. At first we wondered why she was so tame, but we have figured out that she was pretty young when we brought her home. We think she was desperate.So now we have ANOTHER pet! And London can drive her around in her jeep.

2 comments:

  1. That "cracks" me up. Get it? He/she looks very sweet. You have such a big heart and your critters are so lucky to have you taking care of them. I think you are a pet magnet. Can't wait to meet Chicken.
    Love you, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ash! Now it's me Lex, that's so cute! I love Chickens (: Next time we come up we'll have to meet her :)
    Tell everyone hi for me! I love ya!
    Love, LexieLou

    ReplyDelete